Recette: Non classé
The Royal cherry recipe. Need you of Montmorency cherries to their acidity, unfortunately their season is very short.
–1.250 kg cherry Montmorency — 1 kg net pitted
-20cl of Apple Juice pure and natural
-sieve (or fine sieve)
(1) wash and drain the cherries, then dry, remove the green part and pit them.
(2) pour 500 g of sugar and 40 ml of water in a bowl to jams, bring to the boil and cook up to 120 ° C (at the big ball). Then immerse the cherries in got sugar syrup. After resumption of boiling, continue cooking for 2 minutes, then remove the Bowl jam from heat and leave its contents for 12 hours.
(3) then go across to the sieve and collect the sugar syrup in a large bowl. Clean your bowl to jams, pour in the rest of sugar, Apple juice and syrup, then wear all a boil and cook over high heat for 15 minutes.
(4) add the cherries and, after the resumption of boiling, continue cooking over fire bright 10 minutes, taking care to stir frequently and carefully with a slotted spoon so that cherries n 'not attach.
(5) check the cooking: a bit of jam on a cold plate must be fixed quickly. Then remove the Pan from heat and carefully skim the cherry jam, and then blend one last time.
6) put in pots to l "using the funnel and a ladle, cover and sterilize.